Our sustainability strategy is set by the Delhaize Group Executive Committee, based on recommendations of the Sustainability Team. Associates from around the business collaborate to meet the goals, with advising and technical expertise from a small Sustainability team.
In 2012, we updated our governance structure for sustainability in order to embed Delhaize Group’s Sustainability Strategy more deeply into the business. We added the position of Chief Sustainability Officer (CSO) and have tied our local Sustainability Teams together under a global sustainability structure. We continue to use cross-company working teams to implement the strategy, and use annual performance management targets for senior leaders across our business to embed ownership for the outcomes across the company.
At Executive Committee level, Nicolas Hollanders, Executive Vice President Human Resources, IT and Sustainability has responsibility for sustainability. The Chief Sustainability Officer, Greg Amoroso, leads the work of embedding sustainability into the business by recommending strategic targets, engaging top leadership in sustainability, and overseeing the work and progress of the global Sustainability Team.
Nicolas Hollanders, Executive Vice President Human Resources, IT and Sustainability – Delhaize Group
Greg Amoroso, Chief Sustainability Officer – Delhaize Group
In 2012, we added a Sustainability Advisory Committee, made up of senior leaders from across the Group to advise on our strategic direction:
- Nicolas Hollanders, Executive Vice President Human Resources, IT and Sustainability – Delhaize Group
- Greg Amoroso, Chief Sustainability Officer – Delhaize Group and Sustainability Vice President – Delhaize America
- Vassilis Stavrou, Executive Vice President Human Resources, Organization Development and Sustainability – Delhaize Europe
- Beth Newlands-Campbell, President Hannaford Supermarkets
- David Vander Schueren, Chief Operating Officer Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro
- Marc Doiron, Chief Supply Chain Officer - Delhaize America
- Miguel Silva Gonzales, Vice President Treasury – Delhaize Group
Global Sustainability Team
Consisting of sustainability experts at the corporate and operating company levels, this team monitors trends, recommends strategic direction, tracks progress against our strategic goals, and provides technical expertise in sustainability to our business units. The team reports in to the CSO, with additional reporting lines into the operating companies to maintain a direct link to local leadership teams.
Click here for information on Corporate Governance at Delhaize Group